Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Prayer. . .works


Here are a couple verses that I know
and believe about prayer:

James 5:16 says:
Confess your trespasses to one another,
and pray for one another, that you may
be healed. The effective, fervent prayer
of a righteous man avails much."

Matthew 21:21-22
So Jesus answered and said to them,
"Assuredly, I say to you, if you have
faith and do not doubt, you will not
only do what was done to the fig tree,
but also if you say to this mountain,
'Be removed and be cast into the sea,'
it will be done. "And whatever things
you ask in prayer, believing, you will
receive."

The other night Jake was sick for hours
with a horrible migraine. He felt so
bad for most of the afternoon and into
the evening. He fell asleep for a little
bit but then woke up and with tears in
his eyes, said, "I just want this pain
to go away. It's worse than it's ever
been."

I rubbed his head a little bit and
said, "We need to pray." I DO believe
in the POWER of prayer and the GOD that
answers prayer. I prayed over Jake
believing he could be healed, but not
sure if God would choose to heal him
right then and there. I prayed in
Jesus name, I prayed fervently and
I prayed believing and guess what:

Prayer worked!

Not even 10 minutes later Jake was up
and getting food (I let him even though
it was past 9pm because he felt so sick
he wasn't able to eat since 11:30am).
He had a smile on his face and he said
his headache was gone! Amazing! I'm
so glad I chose to cry out on Jake's
behalf to God and He answered. Another
faith builder for me and for Jake to
experience himself. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment