Thursday, September 16, 2010

A servant's heart

Here are a couple Bible verses that talk
about serving:

Mark 10:45: "For even the Son of Man did
not come to be served, but to serve, and
to give his life as a ransom for many."

Luke 4:8: "Jesus answered, "It is written:
'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only."

Two pretty powerful statements. I believe one
of the reasons God wants us to serve others is
because when we stop looking at ourselves and
start focusing on OTHERS, we get a glimpse of
Heaven. God sent Jesus to make a way for us to
heaven, Jesus served others so they could know
the love that God has for them, and we are
called to serve as well. There are many different
ways we can serve and even being a mom and
raising our children right is a chance to serve
God. But when we get out of our comfort zone
and serve, many times that is when God shows
up the most.

I just wanted to write a post about a friend who
I met while serving and who serves the Lord
with all her heart. She watches little ones in
the nursery at church and she serves A LOT.
She would never want any credit and sacrifices
a lot of her time without complaining even
though she has to deal with physical pain. You
would never know it because she always has a
smile on her face. She loves the little girls
and boys and they always want to go to her.
She serves more than full-time- she serves 2X
full-time because there is a need.

She is an example to me-
an encouragement to me- a light to many-
a true servant of God. There are other people
like her at our church and I know that God is
so pleased with them. I get around people who
serve and I want to serve more. I am more
blessed when I serve others. To my friend,
thank you for your example. You are making
a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment