Friday, September 10, 2010

God Meets Our Needs

Acts 20:35 says:
"In everything I did, I showed you that by
this kind of hard work we must help the weak,
remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself
said: 'It is more blessed to give than to
receive."

Last night for my Birthday we went out
to Ganesha Park and fed a group of about
30 homeless. We go there every other
Thursday night. We bring food and dessert
and we sit and talk to these men and women.
Usually our friend, Robert, shares a message
from the Bible. Our heart is to help those
in need and to show them the love of Jesus
so that they may know Him as Lord and Savior.

This week it happened to fall on my birthday.
When we got there Robert asked me if I would
share my testimony and I said I would love to.
My very best friend, Kristi, made cupcakes
and sent them because she couldn't make it.
They even brought candles and sang "Happy
Birthday" to me. I was so blessed by it all.
I truly experienced what the Bible teaches
about being "more blessed to give than receive".

One thing that I wanted to share is this:

Last week I had gone through my drawers and I
found a bunch of lotions, lip gloss, make up
that I don't use and put it aside to give to
Debbie (one of the ladies who is homeless).
I brought the stuff last night and Debbie
wasn't there. There was another woman, Diane,
who is also usually there so I asked her if
she wanted the stuff. She gladly took it and
said she would love to have it. After a few
minutes with tears in her eyes, she said, "I've
been really needing this stuff, and I'm so
thankful that now I have it." I told her that
God knew that she needed it and that's how
much He loves her!

You see, I was going to give the stuff to
Debbie. And I didn't even know if she would
want it. But God knew that Diane was "needing
it" and He used me to give it to her.

Here is what God has put on my heart:
"Bless others with the Blessings I have given
you."

And to think that I could have just gone out to
dinner and celebrated with food and dessert
and skipped feeding the homeless. I would have
missed out on these blessings as well. Thank
you God for meeting all our needs, including Diane's.

No comments:

Post a Comment