Saturday, October 2, 2010

Proud Homeschool Mom

OK, my kids can be real handfuls and so
I really try to praise them when they do
something worth praising! This made me
proud because when you homeschool, you
want to make sure your child is getting
what they need and you want your kid to
love learning.

Jake came home from his Thursday classes
and said, "Mom, a male cricket jumped on
our table in class today."

I asked, "How did you know it was a male
cricket?"

He replied, "Because it didn't have an
ovipositer. And it just got finished
molting because it was white and it's
color was just starting to return."

He then said, "You know the crickets we
feed to Spots (our gecko) are nymphs
right? And mom, crikets go through
incomplete metamorphosis."

Alright, so one thing I'm sure of, my
child gets a check mark next to the
learning of crickets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment