Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Monkey on your back

Ever feel like you have a monkey on your
back?

Maybe you get so used to thinking a
certain way, that you don't even realize
that you are carrying an unwanted burden. . .

Well, what does that saying even mean?

This is what it means:
"A monkey on your back is anything at all
that you find to be a constant burden. You
have to finish your BA degree for advancement
at work, you are married and have a small
child. Having to get that degree is "a monkey
on your back". It usually doesn't refer to
actual physical burdens."

Here's what the Bible has to say about
burdens:
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy
laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke
upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle
and lowly in heart, and you will find rest
for your souls. "For My yoke is easy and My
burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

So I can either carry my monkey around
or let him down and play with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment