Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Prayer Jog

I have signed up for the 10K Mud
Run at Camp Pendleton on June 11
with 4 other girlfriends of mine!
Hoping that was a good idea! Here
is what the details say about it:

This is a challenging 10K run with
hills, tire obstacles, river crossings,
two 5-foot walls with mud on both sides,
reservoir crossing (3 feet deep), tunnel
crawl, slippery hill climb, and the final
30-foot mud pit. Along the course there
will be 6 water points with medical
personnel staged at each. A hint: Loose
clothing and pockets hold mud!

So today I went out for a jog. I ran
3 miles and normally I don't pace myself
and I get tired really fast. Today was
a nice easy pace and the best part was
that I prayed the whole time I jogged!
I was able to cover a lot of people in
that amount of time and I ended the run
refreshed both physically and spiritually!
I may not be great at the Mud Run, but
this prayer jog will be a really good
thing for me if I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment