Thursday, March 31, 2011

I want to be like Caleb

Have you read about Caleb in the Bible?
Read Numbers 13 and 14 and you will find
that Caleb was a courageous man who
believed in God's promises. Lately,
God has been really been using this
story to remind me how we are to stand
up for what He calls us to.

Moses asked 12 leaders from the Israelites
to spy out the land of Canaan before they
were going to cross over the Jordan and
claim the land the God promised His people.

Out of the 12, the men started talking
about how great the land was but how
strong the people were. Only Caleb
spoke up at first, saying that they
should go and take the land. The
people wanted to stone him! They were
afraid and didn't trust God even though
they had seen the same miracles that
Caleb had seen and were following the
same God. Joshua sided with Caleb as
well, but it was Caleb who spoke up
first.

What stood out to me is that he was
willing to stand up and speak out and
show through his actions that he truly
believed God was on his side. He trusted
that God is in control and if we believe
God, and follow Him and obey Him, then
we can know that God will allow His plan
to take place. This was the same in
Caleb's life as it is in our lives. This
is the same God!

This was the response after Caleb showed
his courage:

"But My servant Caleb, because he has a
different spirit in him and has followed
Me fully, I will bring into the land where
he went, and his descendants shall inherit
it." Numbers 14:24

This is what I want God to say about me:

"Leah has a different spirit in her and
has followed me fully, I will bring her
into My plan for her life!"

I know I need God's help to fully rely
on Him, but that is the desire of my
heart and I pray that you also know that
you can be like Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment