Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Few Good Reads

I usually don't take time to read books unless
I'm traveling and have time on the plane. That
has changed lately and I thought I'd share these
books.


First, I read the book, "The Noticer" by Andy
Andrews. It is all about perspective and has
some really good points in it. My friend,
Kristi, let me borrow it and highly recommended
it. Too many people don't have a good perspective
in life and it can cause us to think and feel
negative. This book reminds us that there is
always a different way to view things and to
remind us that we all make a difference in some
way or another. It was a quick read and enjoyable,
and the only thing missing is the fact that even
with good perspective, we can miss out on what
God wants for us. God's perspective is what we
should seek to have. That's just my 2 cents!


Next, I FINALLY read "Redeeming Love" by
Francine Rivers. A few years ago, a couple
friends said that this book was their favorite
book of all time and that I HAD to read it.
Recently, Kristi (an avid reader), reminded
me that I HAD to read it, so I did. I got
completely pulled in. It was the first book
Francine Rivers wrote after becoming a Christian.
It is based on the book of Hosea in the Bible.
I could not put this book down! A must read
for people who love to see the good guys win
in the end! You will also be reminded about
how much God loves you- no matter what you've
done!



This past weekend I traveled so I was able to
read on the plane. I read two books that I
picked up from the library. The first one was
"Won by Love": Norma McCorvey, Jane Roe of Roe V.
Wade, Speaks Out for the Unborn As She Shares
Her New Conviction for Life. Talk about a
powerful story! Wow, God is so good and this
book gives Him all the glory and shows how He
changed Norma's heart from fighting for abortions,
to sharing God's love and saving the lives of
the unborn. She shares what actually happens
in abortion clinics and opens your eyes to how
many lies are told to keep abortion alive and
well. I pray that those involved with abortion
will turn to Jesus, just like Norma and allow Him
to change them from the inside and heal them completely!


The last one was a Novella by Francine Rivers.
I have read a couple of her other novellas:
"Unashamed" about Rahab, and "The Prophet"
about Amos. The one I just finished was "Unveiled"
about Tamar in Genesis 38. Tamar was Judah's (one
of Jacob's 12 sons) daughter-in-law. This story
has some unexpected turns that most people would
be surprised are even in the Bible! I love books
that I can read and increase my Bible knowledge.

If you have any free time- I recommend all these
books! Not that I have much "free" time myself.
I have to be picky with my time because raising
three little ones with all the other commitments
I have weekly doesn't leave me with much. I'm
glad I took some time to read these books because
they all impacted me in a positive way.

I also continue to LOVE my David Study by Beth Moore.
Every Christian woman out there NEEDS to do a
Beth Moore study! You will grow in leaps and bounds
when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment