Thursday, August 20, 2009

Terrible Twooooth(s)!


I just got back from taking Luke to the dentist
to check out his two front teeth and somehow I'm
still smiling. Maybe it's because I can't believe
it or maybe it's because I'm just going to trust
the Lord to work everything out. Luke's tooth
turned brown as I mentioned two posts ago, a couple
weeks after falling and hitting his mouth on the
edge of a trampoline. Well, now I found out, he
actually hit both teeth and they are cracked all
over. They took x-rays and showed me that there
has been trauma to his teeth underneath his gums,
and if I don't get them fixed, it can cause problems
to his adult teeth.

So, the solution is pulling out his two front teeth
and putting in fake teeth. It's crazy- he's 2 yrs.
old, not 82 yrs. old! So in two weeks, I have to take
him back and they have to pull his two front teeth.
Then they will make a mold and will put in two fake
teeth a couple weeks later by putting a band on his back
teeth to hold them into place. For two weeks, my baby
boy will be missing his two front teeth!

Now, all three of my boys officially have
metal in their mouths! Drew has a tooth in front of his
molar that never came down, so they put a spacer in so
the molar won't move forward. Jake has had retainers
for two years to widen his palate and also has spacers.
I may end up poor, but my kids will have great teeth!!!

Normally I would have been upset, but am just taking
it all day by day. I am thankful we have a good dentist
and believe God will provide for these extra expenses.
I'm glad it's not worse than it is. I'm thankful it's
just his teeth and not something life threatening.
I will choose to laugh instead of cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment