Saturday, August 29, 2009

Homeschooling and Notebooking

We started school this past week for homeschooling.
The first day was great and Jake was really excited
to do his work. He said, "Mom, I'm really excited
for school." By the third morning, he was complaining
and whining that he didn't want to do his work.
I'll run with the days when he is excited for
schoolwork and persevere through the hard ones.
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?!

One part of homeschooling I'm excited about is
notebooking. I went to Notebooking Pages
and printed out FREE (gotta love it!) pages
for Bible. Jake doesn't like to write a lot
but I'm hoping to ease him into more writing
by notebooking this year. He enjoyed drawing
a picture about the Bible story we read. He
knows a lot of Bible stories, so I'm hoping
this will help him to enjoy putting it down
on paper. I got the idea of notebooking from
my friend, Heather, so I have to give her the
credit. It's nice to know a lot of people who
homeschool because we all share what different
curriculum we are doing and then we decide what
fits our own kids best. I'll be doing a co-op
this year with friends for science, geography,
Bible and PE, so I'm excited for that to start!
And the fun begins. . .

Day 5 of God's Creation


Adam and Eve in the Garden

1 comment: