Thursday, August 6, 2009

Do Not Be Conformed, But BE TRANSFORMED!



Romans 12:1-2 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable, to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

I love the entire Chapter of Romans 12. Verses 1 & 2 tell us WHAT to do and verses 3-21 tell us HOW to do it; be “holy” and “renew our minds”. The main points of how to live this out is through love (even loving our enemies), humility and service to God through the gifts that He’s given to us. One verse that also sticks out is “Hate what is evil. Cling to what is good (v.9).” This is part of not “conforming to this world” but can be a hard thing to do when our society tells us to call things good that God says are not. We are called to love everyone, but to turn from sin. As we strive to become living sacrifices like God calls us to, we will no longer compromise and agree with things that grieve God’s heart. I have experienced God’s transforming power in my life and even though I looked and acted like a moral person most of the time before I gave my life to God, God had A LOT to change in me. I am thankful for God’s forgiveness and know that it’s only by God’s strength that I can live a life for Him. I started to renew my mind with the TRUTH of what is right and wrong, according to God’s Word, as I learned and believed the Bible. I still need God’s grace daily to help me not to conform, but to be transformed- I am a work in progress, and progress is all about moving forward! As God works in me, I will be able to prove that His will is good, acceptable, and yes, even perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment