Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jr. High Girls Overnight Retreat!

Yesterday I went with the Jr. High Girls Group
from Calvary Chapel Chino Hills and stayed with
them for their overnight retreat. There were
25 7th and 8th grade girls and 6 leaders (including
me). We went to Corona Del Mar State Beach
during the day for a few hours and then
headed to our destination: Newport Beach
Marriott Hotel and Spa. When we got there,
we got settled into our rooms and then headed
to the pool. Can you imagine- 25 Jr. High girls
taking over the entire pool!! It was crazy!
After swimming we showered and then had pizza
for dinner.

Each of the leaders spoke at different times
during the day and the next morning and I spoke
after dinner. The title of the Retreat was
"Being God's Princess while Staying Pure."
All the leaders did a great job in their talks.
It was so neat to see God's hand and timing
because I was able to use a bunch of the same
points and spoke again on Daniel 1:8 and being
set apart. My friend, Tanya, who came to watch
me speak on Tuesday at Calvary Chapel of Upland
was a leader and told me that the topic would
fit perfect for the retreat. If these young girls
can understand the importance of being set apart
at their age and live for God, they will make a
huge impact wherever they go. It's so exciting
to see.

I had a room with 3 girls and we had some fun
discussions about God and living for His glory.
I was one of the lucky ones because our group went to
bed at midnight! It was another great opportunity
to share God's Word with others!

Arriving at the hotel

We're so excited

Getting instructions

Starbucks- A group favorite!!

My roomies: Allie, Katherine and Ariel

Tanya and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment