Sunday, August 23, 2009

And let us not grow weary. . .

I'm tired- physically and mentally and emotionally. Do you ever
feel just tired, like you need a break from everything! I feel like
God has put the desire in my heart to be an encourager. It's
one thing to encourage my teammates to be their best or to
encourage my friends who are going through a tough time or
even to encourage others to fight the good fight of faith
and finish this race strong. But I am a little tired in this race
right now. I feel like I'm winded and I just need a little rest.
I have found that I can be an encouragement to others who
have kids, but not for the reasons you might think. I'm not
the one who will tell you how to get all your kids to act perfect
in public and to get them to never ask for a toy when you go
to the store. I'm an encourager in a different kind of way.
My kids don't follow the books- they challenge me at every
turn and I'm getting tired. When you are around me and
my kids, you will either be encouraged because 1. you will
think, "wow, I really don't have it THAT bad" or "maybe
I am a good mom after all" or 2. you will think, "OK, I'm
not alone! There is somebody else who has kids just as
crazy as mine"! Either way, you'll be encouraged.

A little story about my day today. I took my sons, Jake (8)
and Drew (3), to church today and when I went to drop
Drew off at his class, he started crying saying he didn't
want to go. Now, he went through a year of this, kicking
and screaming and 5 min. after we leave him in the class,
he has a great time. We FINALLY had some breakthrough
a couple months ago and he was doing really well when
we dropped him off. Well, today, was not a good day.

He ran out the door and when I went to get him, he started
running even faster. So I'm walking after him and he keeps
running further away. Pretty soon he's out of sight. So
now I have to start running because he's getting closer
to the parking lot. I do not like to be late, but today I was
and I'm glad I was because only a handful of people saw
a lady in a sun dress running after a little kid. I yelled
to a lady- "can you grab him?" but my athletic kid pulled
a football move and ran right around her. At this point
I wanted to pull my own football move and tackle this kid-
hard!!

When I finally caught up to him, he had run probably
200 yards! The one positive of all of this is that Drew
is really fast! I pulled him kicking and screaming to
his room again and when he ran out the door again, I
wanted to lose it. But I didn't, thank goodness. So, he
ended up in the service with me and didn't say a word.
I think he knew how much trouble he was in when we
got home!

This is the verse I will cling to today:

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in
due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
Galatians 6:9

**I do think it's interesting that I'm speaking on
Tuesday night at a Woman's Bible study on Daniel 1:8
and having "resolve".

This is the dress I was wearing: can't you
just picture me running in that??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment