Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lessons from watching 2-yr-olds

I had to share my experiences from tonight.
Every other Wednesday night I serve in the
nursery at our church with kids ranging in
ages from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 yrs old. Sounds
like lots of fun right! Well, usually we have
anywhere from 8-17 kids. Tonight we had 15
kids and 3 helpers. It was a little hectic,
but I just had to laugh by the end of the night.

Here's what we had:
1. There was a little boy who was potty
training so we took him to the bathroom but he
didn't go, then we took him again and he went
but it got a little messy so we had to change him.
Next thing we know, 10 minutes later, we
see the ground around him all wet and sure
enough, his pants were soaked, so we changed
his outfit for the 2nd time.
2. We had to put some kind of cleaner that looks
like sawdust on the wet floor to soak it up.
Another little guy wanted to get into the stuff
so bad, but we finally pulled him away and put
a table over the spot. Right before we could
vacuum up the cleaner, the little guy crawls
under the table and takes a fist full of it
and puts it in his mouth! I make him spit it
out and wash off his hands.
3. Another little boy has wet pants but we realized
that it wasn't potty, it was #2. So I changed
him and it ended up on his shirt and our changing
pad too. What a mess- I got him cleaned up and
changed about 50 wipes later.
4. Another little boy was potty training and squirted
on his pants, but luckily it wasn't too bad.
5. Two little ones got scratched in the face, but
luckily only one left a mark!

Now, it's normally not like this. We rarely have
anything fun to talk about, but what makes me laugh
is the post that I did for today and the verses
about not being anxious! Don't you notice that as
God puts something on your heart, you find yourself
in a situation that tests you to see if you can
live out what He was showing you. I can say that
I kept my patience tonight, and that verse was true
for me! All thanks goes to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment