Friday, February 26, 2010

Women In Sports Day 2010

Michele Smith is one of the very best to ever
play the sport of softball! She is such an
amazing athlete, woman and a good friend!

A few years back I spoke to female athletes from
Orange County, Ca as they celebrated Women In Sports
Day. This event has been put on for 10 years now and
they had over 800+ in attendance this year. A friend of
mine, Sally, has been running this event since it began
and told methat my former teammate, Michele Smith, would be
speaking this year. I was so excited to see Michele
and listen to her share her story and inspire these
high school athletes.

It was a great group.


Kaitlin Sandeno (3X Olympic Swimmer) was one of the
4 speakers. She was funny and refreshing. I never
met her at the games, so I thought I'd meet her that day.

Sally does a great job for these young athletes!

These girls play softball at Foothill High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment