Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Getaway!




My husband, Tommy, planned a surprise weekend for my
birthday. We never go away alone, so this was a special
treat. My mom took care of the kids and they had their own
adventure while we were away. They had Book Day where they
went to the Library and got some books. They had Star
Wars Day where their cousins, Taylor and Micah, came over
and the dressed up in their Star Wars costumes, played
with their Star Wars toys and watched their Star Wars
movies. Then they had Disney day where they watched a
bunch of Disney movies!

They had a great time while Tommy and I flew up to Northern
California and spent the 1st afternoon at Pier 39 in San
Francisco. We walked, ate, laughed and people watched.
Then we drove to our destination: Sonoma County.
We were actually in Windsor, CA and were surrounded
by 700 wineries. It really did remind me of when I
visited Italy because it was so beautiful. We spent one
day visiting 6 different wineries. The next day we were
able to get massages (my favorite part!), walked around
a small quaint town and also took a drive to
the coast. It’s amazing how much you can fit into
one day when you’re not changing diapers, feeding
kids all the time, getting kids ready, picking up after
kids, waiting for kids, etc! I had a great weekend
and as much as I loved the alone time that I rarely get
with Tommy, I do have to admit that I am excited to get
back to my crazy life!

Going away with your spouse is good for the soul,
good for your marriage and good for the whole family!

Eph 5:22: “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as
To the Lord.”

Eph 5:25: “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ
also loved the church and gave Himself for her.”


Pier 39 and the Sea Lions!






Dinner without Kids!

Goofing Around!



It’s pretty cool that this week I taught the kids about being
connected to the vine and I didn’t even know I would be
seeing the good fruit that grows when you stay connected.
Jesus is the vine and we are the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment