Monday, September 7, 2009

I Pledge. . .


At church yesterday our pastor showed a clip of a
recent commercial featuring Hollywood Actors
including Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. The
point of it was all about how they "pledge"
their allegiance to Barrack Obama- and they
pledge to be his servants. I hadn't seen
the commercial but was pretty shocked by the
way these people seem to "worship" this man.
Our pastor pointed out that every day all of
us make many pledges: to honor God or to dishonor
Him; to follow His ways or to choose our own path.
It made me think about what kind of "pledges" I
want to be making. Here are a few.

I pledge allegiance to the United States of
America- my great country that was founded on
God's principles.

I pledge to honor the God of the Bible who
created this earth and every person who has
ever walked on it!

I pledge to live in the purpose and plan that
God has for me.

I pledge to put others above myself and to help
those in need.

I pledge to be a giver and not a taker.

I pledge to raise my kids knowing what truth
is and teaching them to compare everything to
the truth in the Bible.

I pledge to care more about who people are
on the inside than what they've accomplished.

I pledge to pray for those who are hurting
and sick and for our country to return to God.

I pledge to support the military and all those
who have served and given their lives for our
freedom.


These are my desires- with God's help and God's
strength and by daily choosing Him, they will
become reality. What do you pledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment