Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just an Update

The One Year Devotions for Boys
(Great for ages 6-12)


Well, we have now officially been back in school
for a month now! Wow- time flies when you have
a million things to do!!! There is never enough
time in the day to get everything done. As a
homeschooling mom, I've already discovered that
there are going to be many different responsibilities
and emotions happening ALL the time. Being a mom
alone is the busiest job there is! There is always
something to clean, wash, brush, clothe, and change.
Then you add full-time teacher to the job description
and wow, you wonder how to make it all work. Some days,
I don't know how it all works, but it does.

One thing I am thankful for is that I can choose
what curriculum my child uses. I have only been
homeschooling for 3 years now, but have found that
it works best for Jake to pull from different
curriculums for different subjects. We are
doing Math U See for Math, A Beka for Language
and History and Geography, using Science Kits and
different books for Science, Story of the World for
History too, Notebooking for Bible and The One
Year Devotion for Boys, as well. I have the picture
of the One Year Devotion because I love this book.
I've picked up devotional books in the past, but
this one has great stories that my son can relate
to. It has a few verses each day to read that
teach a truth from the Bible and then it gives
a story that shows an example of that truth being
lived out (or not). He looks forward to reading
his devotion every day. Some days we read it
together and others he reads it alone. I've seen
that they also have them for girls (see bottom of
this post).

We have also been reading another Trailblazer Book.
In fact, I bought two big books that each included
5 Trailblazer books in them. As we read these
stories, Jake is learning more about Christian Heros
throughout the world from the past. I am also reminded
through these books that being a Christian means
being a servant and am praying that God will
continue to show us all areas we can serve in. The
book we are reading is:

The Queen's Smuggler: William Tyndale


So it's been busy, but it's been good. It's
been challenging at times, but it's worth it.
I have really been enjoying our co-op every
Tuesday, and Jake is in Friday school every
other Friday.

On a personal note, I'm excited to be starting
another Beth Moore Study (David). We
had our first meeting on Monday and after
doing the first day of our study, I know
I'm going to learn so much about David. This
weekend I'm also attending our Women's Retreat
for Calvary Chapel Chino Hills. It's my
first one and I'm excited for this experience.

The One Year Devotions for Girls
(This is the same, but for girls)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for Bryson's!! The stories are really great and I even learn from them. There was one about our tongues the other night and it stuck with me!! :)

    ReplyDelete