Saturday, July 11, 2009

So Cal Crunch Practice


Today I went to speak to the 10&Under softball
team: the So Cal Crunch. The coach, Sean Brashear,
is the brother of one of my closest friends and
teammates in softball and soccer growing up. Now
his daughter is on the team and loves to compete.
The team is one of the best in the country in their
division and has a chance to bring home the National
Championship in TN in a couple weeks. I won my 1st
ever National Championship when I was 14 yrs. old
in Chattanooga, TN. That was the spark in my career
that opened my eyes to what I could accomplish in
softball. These girls have practices on Saturdays
from 9am-2pm and play games on Sundays. This reminds
me of all the time I spent on the field practicing with
my teammates, and going to my own individual pitching
lessons as well. There is so much time put into training.
I always tell people: "hard work pays off!" If we work hard,
the success will follow. We will see the benefits
of time spent on fundamentals. Practice isn't as fun
as games, but it's the foundation to success! I wish
the So Cal Crunch the best of luck! Bring home the title!

After speaking to the girls about the importance of being
a "team" and being "coachable", I signed a bunch of autographs.
They had me sign their gloves, bats, helmets, shirts, wristbands,
and even their shoes! I had a good time with the girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment