Saturday, July 25, 2009

FCA Camp in Oregon

Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) for the Northwest
had a High School sports camp in Forest Grove, Oregon
this week. The camp was held on the campus of Pacific
University. They had different speakers each night.
Ebo Elder (boxer on The Contender) spoke one night and Dan
Russell (4X State Champion Wrestler, and Olympic coach)
spoke, along with others. I flew out on Friday morning
to spend the day at the camp. I worked with a few softball
players in the afternoon and also spoke on Romans 12:21
at the evening session. The focus for the camp was "Change
Your Game" (Romans 12) and my session was about "changing
your win". I spoke about how I've experienced many victories
in sports, but Christians are called to "win" God's way: in
sports and more importantly, in life. I talked about
finishing strong and following God whole-heartedly to
experience the victorious Christian life that is available
to us. God has given his children victory in Jesus Christ.
This means He will bless us when we're obedient. This does
not mean the road will be easy. In fact, many of the
disciples in the Bible had to persevere through hardships
in trials. By God's grace and strength we can be victorious
in our trials. He will carry us through if we seek Him.
God's Word also tells us to store up our treasures in heaven
and to stay focused on Him and His priorities. The verse God
gave me for this group was Philippians 1:6. Paul was
addressing the church in Phillipi and he said that he was
confident that "He who began a good work in you will complete
it until the day of Jesus Christ".

Todd Gowin (FCA Puget Sound) and me

Todd's sons wearing some GOLD

Standing in Worship

The Worship Band

Listening to Levi share his testimony (wrestler at Boise St.)

Speaking

Allyn with the "Gold"! FCA in Washington

The FCA Coaching Staff

Some of the High School Athletes at Camp

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog! I found you from Bridget's post. I knew your husband from "The Call" ministry at Calvary Chapel Chino Hills. They called me Kristina with a "K".

    You have a beautiful family and I hope to homeschool my kids also in the future. May God continue to bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember them calling you that- that's funny! God called me to homeschool and made it clear. He'll lead you and guide you as you follow His lead in that! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete