Friday, July 3, 2009

Running the Race


2 Timothy 4:7-8 "I have fought the good fight, I
have finished the RACE, I have kept the FAITH".

The apostle Paul compares the Christian life to
a race and I was thinking about some interesting
comparisons. First of all, we have to decide that
we want to join the race (give our lives to Christ-
ask Him to be the Lord of our lives). If we join
we have to start moving. We can be running the race
and get tired and want to stop. Others may get off
the course and find a different road that won't lead
to the correct finish line. Finally, those that
stay on the path, get up when they stumble, press
on when it gets hard, help others along the way
to find the finish line and FINISH the race will
receive their reward in full! Paul says in 2 Tim 4:8:
"Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness,
which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to
me on that Day, and not to me only but also to ALL who
have loved His appearing."

Do you look forward to the return of Jesus Christ?
The Bible tells us that we will receive the crown
of righteousness if we do. Are you running the
race and receiving the victory? Trust in Christ,
lean on Him, learn from Him and grow in Him and
you will receive the prize on that Day!

Just remember- Jesus came for the lost, broken-hearted,
sinners who need a Savior! When we know we
can't do it on our own, God shows up the most!
It's when we're prideful and think we can run the
race on our own and win the prize on our own that
we will lose the ultimate prize: eternal life.
I need God, and He is faithful in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment