Wednesday, July 1, 2009

FCA Camp- So. Cal.

Last night I spoke for a few minutes and shared my
story at FCA Camp (fca.org) being held at UCLA. There were
600 High School athletes attending the weeklong camp.
It was such a great atmosphere! During the day, the
athletes work out at their sport and at night they
have a session with a teaching and then they break
up into smaller huddle groups to have discussion.
There are so many great people involved with Fellowship
of Christian Athletes and so many great volunteers!
I also brought a friend's sister, Janie, with me
to spend some time together. We had a great time.

After the MC's (Josh and Ta-Tyana who goes by "Ty")
opened the session, they had break dancers, a comedian
who cracked me up, I spoke, the Katinas performed
and led worship and then Kevin Singleton gave the teaching
and will be teaching throughout the week. He was amazing!
He not only teaches the Word and makes it easy to understand,
he is a stud with the basketball. He did tricks to music
with 2 and then 3 basketballs at a time! I was impressed!
You can check out his website at www.kevinsingleton.com.
I was grateful to be a part of the evening and was so blessed
to be around others who have a passion for sports and more
importantly a passion for God and a love for others!

A packed house


Janie and me

Speaking and sharing the GOLD

The Katinas rocked!

Hanging with MC's Josh and "Ty"(Oregon St. Softball Alumni)

Posing with Barry (FCA Pastor) and Bethany (my contact and fellow SB player!)

Kevin showing his skills!

Dribbling 3 basketballs- now that's talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment