Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Arizona SB @ UCLA

My niece, Taylor, started playing softball
a year ago. It's so fun to see her get
better each day. She is working hard
and has been spending a lot of time
trying to become a better player. In
her playoff game last Friday night,
she got her best hit of her young
career: a line drive to left field.
I was so excited for her and very
proud of her! She got 2 RBI's on that
hit!

Saturday, Tommy and I took her to
watch Arizona play @ UCLA.

It was a beautiful night! We sat
with Coach Candrea's wife, Tina, in
the middle of the Arizona crowd.

Arizona won the game, 7-1. It was so
fun afterward to visit with people that
I know through softball! I am
so grateful for all the friendships this
great sport has given me!

It was so cute to see Taylor excited to
get autographs and pictures.

Of course, I made sure she got a picture
with Coach Candrea (I love him like a dad!)

She took pictures with:

Outfielders: Lauren Shutzler and
Brittany Lastrapes


Shelby Babcock(winning pitcher, Freshman)


Soph. Pitcher Kenzie Fowler


Arizona Alumni:
Caitlin Lowe (2008 Olympic Silver Medalist)
and Kristie Fox


Then we headed into Bruin Territory.
We are enemies on the field, but I love
these people off the field :)

2008 Olympian, Andrea Duran (my roomie
at Jennie Finch Softball Camps)

Freshman Shortstop, Kellie Fox (I coached
her at the Under Armour All-American Game
and was so impressed by her!)

#4 Hitter, Andrea Harrison

Freshman 2nd Baseman, Talee Snow
(I gave her hitting lessons when she was
9-11 years old and coached her in HS @
Chino Hills HS her freshman and sophomore
years. I am SO proud of her and it's
great to see her living out her dream!)

The Snow Family (I love them!!!)
You WILL see her two younger sisters
in DI college softball when they are old
enough! What a talented family!

With Head Coach at UCLA, Kelly Inouye-Perez

Asst. Coaches: Puppy (Gina Vecchione) and
Lisa Fernandez (Olympic Gold 1996, 2000, 2004)

We were some of the last people in the park!
It was so fun to laugh and catch up with them
all. Puppy even started throwing balls in
a drill to Taylor. She went out on the field
and was running the bases with a few other
girls. It was great to see her have so much
fun!

I had to take a picture with Puppy! Tommy
and I love her! I coached with her as a
Volunteer Coach at Oregon State when
Tommy and I lived up in Oregon.

After this game, I was reminded of how much
softball has given me. Like I wrote, the friend-
ships are the best part of all. It is a family
atmosphere and our common love of the game,
love of competition and the goal to strive to
be the very best connects our hearts! These
people are all amazing and talented in this
sport, but it is who they ARE that leaves
such an impact on the lives of others around
them. I could see the sparkle in Taylor's
eyes and she came home and asked me when we
can practice again. I know that with hard
work and a continued passion for this sport,
she too can wear a college uniform one day
and enjoy the entire experience like I did.
I am so grateful for every opportunity I
ever had, and for my parents who gave me
every chance to follow my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment