Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sports World in So Cal

Last week I was able to speak for
Sports World again, but this time
it was in my home town and surrounding
cities!

The best part, was that my first
assembly was for Seniors at my
old High School:
Don Lugo HS in Chino, CA

It was so fun to be back and talking
to students about what I've learned
since sitting in those same seats :)

It was great to see familiar faces:
Athletic Director and Baseball Coach:
Joe Marcos and Activities Director:
Connie Weeks

My former softball coach, Coach
Sheffield, even stopped by! I
have such great memories from
my time playing softball at DL!

He's a good coach: Just look at these
credentials: (my years were '89-'92)

Honored to be up on the Hall of Fame
(yep, Diana Taurasi went to the same
High School as me!)

Next stop was Miller Middle School
in Riverside, CA

I spoke 6 times in 2 days to all their
P.E. Classes and all the girls

The staff was awesome, especially Mr.
Jones! What great teachers this school
has.

Thursday I went to Hidden Trails Elementary
in Chino Hills. The principal, Mrs. Fellows,
was my brother's 6th grade teacher! Good
thing I had time afterward to hang out because
I signed a lot of cards, and some arms and
shoes!

They made this cute welcome sign for me.

The last school for me was
Lincoln Alternative Elementary School
in Corona. The principal, Mr. Scott,
was wonderful to work with and very
excited to offer his students this
assembly. They were a great crowd
and had the best questions after I
was done speaking!



I was once again grateful for the
opportunity to speak to students and
share the importance of PACT:
Passion
Attitude
Choices
Teamwork

I thank God for all the doors He opens!

No comments:

Post a Comment