Sunday, October 10, 2010

Who You Gonna Call?

What do we do and where do we turn when
things get hard? What about when you
are really excited about something, who
do you tell about it? I am so thankful
for my family and friends in my life,
and many times when something happens,
good or bad, I pick up the phone (unless
somebody close to me is right with me)
and call to share the news.

Well, I have learned over time as I
have drawn closer to God, that the
very best place to turn is to Him.
Instead of calling somebody on the
phone, I should call out to Him!

I have learned to praise Him and
thank Him for the good. I also
have cried out to Him many times
when things have been hard and
overwhelming for me.

Psalm 145:18 says:
"The Lord is near to all who call
on him, to all who call on Him in
truth."

As I have called on the Lord, I have
found His promises to be so TRUE.
He IS near- I can sense His love,
peace, and truth in my life when
I call on Him.

I think one important thing for me
was to call on Him in "TRUTH".
Growing up I kinda made God who I
wanted Him to be. I wanted Him to
protect me, bless me, and also
wanted heaven one day. But I
have learned that there is so much
more than that when there is a true
relationship with God through His
Son, Jesus Christ. When I know the
truth, God's Word, then I call on
Him and understand who He really is.
I know that God is good no matter what
my circumstances may make me feel like.

No matter what you go through, remember
that God is near: all you gotta do is
CALL on Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment