Saturday, August 7, 2010

Humbled

We just got back from 9 days of camping in
Zion, Utah. It is so beatiful there! I
will post pictures soon, but I have so many
so I have to pick my favorites. We were
with many of our friends from church and
also my brother's family and my sister-in-
law's family. The kids had so much fun
playing together. We hiked, biked, went
tubing down the river, relaxed by the
river as the kids caught tadpoles, lizards
and frogs, and ate a lot of ice cream and
smores. A few of us took a trip to The
Grand Canyon one day. It is so beautiful.
I have never been there before. God's creation
is so amazing. I don't know how people
cannot recognize the Creator through what
He has made. Just staring at the stars (which
we don't get to see in So. Cal) at night
was awe inspiring. We saw shooting stars and
the Big Dipper and Little Dipper. It was a
place to just thank God for His beauty.

I was able to have a great talk on the way
home with Dot Richardson's husband, Bob
Pinto, who is running FCA Softball (check
it out on Facebook and become a fan). I love
how God can use relationships together to
share His love with others. He has a purpose
for all of us and God's timing is perfect.

Today we were able to pray with a former
All-American softball player from the U of A
who I don't know personally, but just know
who she is. She lost a good friend last week
and the funeral is today. She said that he had
so much to give to others and impacted the world
in such a powerful way in his short time here.

There were tears, but there is also hope in Jesus.
God brings comfort to the broken-hearted. God
gives us His "peace that surpasses all understanding".
We prayed for her, and his friends and loved ones
who are grieving his loss right now.

I was humbled to be able to pray for her. Sometimes
I think it's the least I can do, but then I realize,
it's the MOST I can do! God hears our prayers and
answers. God can do what no man can do. God meets
us in ways that we never could imagine. One time
a friend of mine who lost her husband at the age
of 35 to a sudden heart attack told me just days
after he died that she "felt a piece of heaven on
earth" and that she could tell people were praying.

I am thankful to serve the Living God and humbled to
know that PRAYER is powerful! It works! And we
need it! I will continue to pray and trust that
"all things work together for good to those who
love God, to those who are the called according to
His purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment