Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pictures at the Beach




Last weekend we went to the beach on a beautiful
80 degree day in southern California to take
family pictures. I was so excited- I bought the
boys adorable outfits and everybody looked so
handsome! Our last family picture was 2 years
ago and Luke was only 6 months old, so I thought
it would be easier now. Boy was I wrong! I'm
just thinking: Beach, Sunny Weather, Cute Kids,
Family Pictures! I was NOT thinking of: Little
boys with ALL KINDS of energy, SAND, WATER,
ROCKS to climb on and jump off of, SUN that
is too bright for kids to open their eyes,
little boys that can't sit still longer than
5 min (and that's pushing it). So, you
get my point by now. It just didn't turn
out the way I thought it would. I'm now hoping
for a cute picture where everybody is looking
in the same direction. I was frustrated because
I see people with 4 or 5 kids and all the kids
are smiling or standing still and I wonder why
my kids won't cooperate! I need to realize this
is the least favorite thing for MY kids to do:
smile at a camera when there are such fun and
exciting things to do all around them. I also need to
remember that they are 2, 4 and 8 yrs. old! Hopefully
we will have many more family pictures ahead and I'll
probably be sad they're not small anymore, even though
they might sit still a little longer and smile without
being coaxed! I need to enjoy the craziness while they're
little! Time goes by so very fast and soon this will all
be just memories!

They are thinking: "Let me get down to that water!!!"

After playing in the sand and getting
wet, climbing and jumping off rocks, and finding
fun sea creatures, the kids needed to be
changed and shoes and socks had to be taken
off. We were finally in the car and NOW they
wanted to smile!!! Should've had Josh (our
photographer and friend) come in the car with
us!


No comments:

Post a Comment