Thursday, October 15, 2009

Feet Upon a Rock

Psalm 40:1-3
"I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined
to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up
out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay,
And set my FEET upon a rock, [And] established
my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth--
Praise to our God; Many will see [it] and fear,
And will trust in the LORD."

Have you ever been in hard time or a "horrible
pit"? David was when he was being sought
after and his enemies (including King Saul)
were trying to kill him. I want to learn from
David, "a man after God's own heart"! He
waited "patiently"- that is soooo hard to do!!!
I pray in hard times, "God, get me out of this
mess, and FAST!" I am thankful that God hears
our cries and He will bring us out of the pit.
God will establish our steps, if we turn to Him.
Praise God, and your testimony will be powerful
as you persevere in God's strength. He will
set your FEET upon a Rock. God is our Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment