Sunday, October 11, 2009

Back to My Old Stomping Grounds


This past weekend I went to Tucson, AZ (where I went
to college at the University of Arizona). It was so
great to be back there. I went there to speak at
a Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) Coaches
Conference.
I flew in Friday night and was able to
go to dinner with Coach Candrea and his wife, Tina.
It was so good to sit and talk for a couple hours and
just catch up. Coach has been like a second dad to
me and I am so thankful for God putting him in my life!
Saturday I spoke to the coaches, along with Legendary
Coach, Jerry Kindall, and current U of A Baseball Coach,
Andy Lopez. It was great to see Coaches coming to
a conference that focuses on the impact they have for
Christ, and not just for their success. I had a great
time speaking and also listening to the others.

I stayed with Jon and Teresa (Tree) Demeter (click
on her name to see her new blog). They are
my friends who I met when I was finishing up at U of A
and Tree was a freshman softball player. They are on
staff at the U of A for Athletes in Action, which is
so dear to me. That is where I began to grow in my
walk with God! They have 3 little ones (pictured below).
It is always fun to catch up with them! Tree and I also
went to a U of A Softball game and can so vividly remember
being on that field ourselves! So many memories at
that place! On Sunday morning, I spoke at Northwest
Community Church (Jon and Tree's church). Everybody
was so encouraging and kind! I love meeting others
who love God! It was an uplifting weekend and I'm
once again humbled by the doors that God has opened
for me. I will keep walking in His plan for me, one
day at a time!

Brian Beltramo (FCA Arizona- Coaches Ministry Director)

Jerry Kindall (Former Arizona Baseball Coach and Legend)

Andy Lopez (U of A Baseball Head Coach) speaking to the
coaches

Andy Lopez, me, & Mike Sanfratello (AZ FCA State Director)

At church: Jon, Coach Candrea, Me, Tina Candrea and Tree

Jon and Tree's adorable kids: Logan, Ryan and Carson

Visiting with friends: Tree, Adam, Me and Chrissy Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment