Monday, May 25, 2009

Softball, Softball and More Softball!

Leah in the Announcer's Booth

This weekend I was in Atlanta as an Analyst for ESPN and College Softball Super Regionals. I worked with Cara Capuano (Play by Play) and the game we called was
#3 Washington at #14 Georgia Tech. The games had a lot of action and we saw some power hitting displayed. Washington and Georgia Tech both had a home run in Game 1, but Washington came away with 14 hits total and won 7-1. The series was best 2 out of 3, and Washington came out strong again on Sunday and won 7-1 with 4 home runs on the day. I remember the emotions and excitement of getting to the Women's College World Series when I played at Arizona. My freshman year at Arizona (we won the National Championship) was the first year the title game was ever televised (it was tape delayed and shown later). Now, regionals are on TV, all 8 sites for Super Regionals were aired this weekend, and every single game this next week (WCWS) will be shown on ESPN or ESPN2. It is so exciting for the great sport of softball!

It is exciting to watch the games and on Friday night I stayed up until 2am watching the Arizona vs. Stanford series in which Arizona came up big and beat Stanford. I was on the edge of my seat the entire game. I'm looking forward to a great Women's College World Series! Every year the talent across the country gets better and better.

Cara, Tommy and I went to the Atlanta Braves game on Saturday night to get out and enjoy the city. Of course, after the game was over, we had to celebrate with some dessert!! This is the most amazing dessert ever: Chocolate Nachos. It needs to be described to understand why I say "amazing": cinnamon-sugar fried flour tortillas, three huge scoops of vanilla ice cream, baby ruth candy bar squares as croutons, hot fudge, whipped cream and of course, tons of cherries!

No comments:

Post a Comment