Thursday, May 14, 2009

Parenting Can Be Hard!

Wow, parenting can be sooooo hard sometimes! This entry is for all you parents out there with strong-willed kids! My kids love to push me as hard as possible! Don't get me wrong, my kids get disciplined. . .a lot! I would think only kids who don't get punished when they do something wrong would act up as much as my kids, but the problem is the fact that they choose to challenge my authority. I have to continually remind them (in loving discipline, of course) that they have to obey or there will be consequences. Although, I would learn from that, they tend to learn more through experiencing the consequences! It can be so tiring as a parent and more frustrating than I ever would have thought! So many days I just want to give up and say, "who cares if you do that", but they need to learn that it's wrong to hit eachother and throw things at eachother! If only they would throw a baseball with the same intensity and strength that they use to throw things at eachother! At least I have the Bible as our guide. I will continue to point them in the direction of putting others above themselves or being kind and forgiving. As tired as I get, I will never give up- I love them too much! That's the way God is towards us. His love is unconditional and nothing we do could ever make Him love us less. His heart must ache when his children disobey! His heart must be broken for those who won't give their lives to Him and receive His promises of the abundant life now and eternal life with Him forever! I am so thankful He will never give up on us. We just need to decide if we will listen to His authority or follow our own! I choose God's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment