Monday, May 11, 2009

On Top of the World!


This Sports Illustrated Cover is from 5 years ago after the 2004 Olympic Team won the Gold Medal in the Athens Olympics. I played 1st Base for that team. We were one of the best teams in the world ever in softball! We went 9-0 and scored 51 runs and gave up only 1 run the entire tournament. Our pitchers were almost perfect, our defense was flawless and our offense was unstoppable! They put the title "The REAL Dream Team" on the cover to show how dominant we were that year.

I enjoy looking back at these moments. It makes me smile to remember standing on the podium with my teammates next to me, my husband in the stands and hearing the National Anthem being played as the American flag was raised! Talk about having pride for the United States of America! We are so blessed to live in this country. It's a moment that passed by so quickly, yet is remembered forever! As I reflect, I can't help but remember how much time, effort, sacrifice, support and dedication that it took to get to that platform. I experienced that "once in a lifetime" experience three different times! I am so thankful for the memories, the friendships, the travel and the life lessons learned along the way. Now I'm making new memories with my family and friends and look forward to what lies ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment