Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heading Home?

In the sport of softball, the goal is to get on base and score, and to keep the opponent from scoring. If you score more runs than the other team, you win. Put more simply, bring baserunners home! My teammates and I helped eachother get "home" many times during my career and I have 3 Gold Medals to show for it now. I want to talk about another "home"- our heavenly home. The Bible tells us that Jesus told the disciples that He was going to heaven and preparing a place for those who trust in Him. I look forward to my future home and to those who are already there! Are you heading to this "home"? Put your trust in Jesus and you can be assured there will be a mansion waiting just for you!

John 14:1-6 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me (Jesus). In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know."
Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

1 comment:

  1. Cool analogy!! I can't wait to be living in His mansions!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete