Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Choices and Results

Proverbs 15:6 "In the house of the righteous there is much treasure, but in the revenue of the wicked is trouble".
I was giving hitting lessons and when my student swung at a bad pitch and popped it up, I said to her "make good choices". One key to successful hitting is to make good decisions on your pitch selection. The chances for success greatly increase when you swing at a ball that is in the hitting zone. Immediately my thoughts went to the idea that when we make bad choices in life, the results will many times be an outcome that is not good for us. We all know right from wrong, but choosing right, even when it's hard and unpopular, can be hard to do. I encourage you to choose what is right, and when you do, your chances for a favorable outcome will greatly increase. For Christians, God will bless those who are obedient to Him. Proverbs 10:6a says "Blessings are on the head of the righteous". We all want success and it starts with decisions we make!

2 comments:

  1. that was me!!
    thank you for explaining this because at the time it happened i had no idea what you were doing!
    this is so true too!
    thanks again for showing me this!
    - bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog girlfriend!! It is ALL about the choices we make......it took me 49 years to finally understand that without God as head of our lives.....we continue to make the wrong choices!

    ReplyDelete