Monday, December 20, 2010

By Faith Moses. . .

Hebrews 11:24-26
"By faith Moses, when he became of age,
refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's
daughter, choosing rather to suffer
affliction with the people of God than
to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin,
esteeming the reproach of Christ greater
riches than the treasures in Egypt; for
he looked to the reward."

I just read Hebrews 11 and out of the
chapter, these verses really jumped
out at me. I guess as I read it I
realized that Moses could have stayed
in the comforts of royalty and all of
history would be different. He lived in
a palace and was part of the royal family.
There were slaves that we serving him
and instead of enjoying those pleasures
for a moment, he gave them up for eternal
perfection.

Who would really want to leave that kind
of life and take the hard road? Most
people wouldn't. Moses did it because
he understood there is a reward promised
to God's own that is so much greater than
earthly riches. Moses ended up going
through a lot of ups and downs as he lead the
Israelites and even met with God on the
top of a mountain. Basically, Moses
understood that God calls each of us
to walk in His ways and follow His plan
for our lives. Yes, there may even be
suffering, but if we can keep our eyes
on the true prize waiting for us all, we
can walk in this same faith that Moses
did. These verses encourage me to keep
my faith, to look to the reward. And
this is the perfect time of year to be
reminded of the gift that brings the
reward, Jesus Christ. As we celebrate
His birth, may we receive the hope that
God has offered to every person on earth.
My eyes are focused on the prize and I
just need to keep them there!

No comments:

Post a Comment