Thursday, June 10, 2010

Busy Week = Exhaustion

On Tuesday I was exhausted! I did not feel
well and I just needed to lay down! As I thought
about the past week, I guess I could understand why
I was feeling sooooo tired!

I had spent 4 days in Florida the past weekend
to be an Analyst (Color Commentator) for ESPN
and College Softball Super Regionals.

I got home on Monday at 2pm and headed straight
to my sister-in-law's Grandma's house to hang
out while the kids swam all day.

Tuesday I met with my girlfriends from God's
Call and the women who put together the retreat
we spoke at in San Clemente in May.

We were debriefing about how it went and had
lunch in San Juan Capistrano. Feedback was
good and we hope to do more in the future with
Shoreline (possibly workshops).

Wednesday, I took Jake and my neice, Taylor,
to the end of the year fieldtrip for River
Springs Charter School to Castle Park. We hung
out with my friend, Miriam, and her kids,
Bailey and Jacob.




Jake and Taylor didn't want to go on
the log ride because they didn't want
to get wet.


We got soaked!

The kids had a great time!

That night we went to church and it was an
amazing service! It was communion and the worship
led us to the throne of God! So many people
were being moved and touched by God. I was
so blessed that night.

Thursday morning I left the house at 7am (normally
just waking up or tossing in bed at this time) with
Jake and I went to speak at a college class for
nursing at Mt. Sac Jr. College. The mom of a
girl I coached in softball is in the class and
asked if I could come and share and motivate and
encourage them as they are preparing finals and
trying to get into nursing school.

Then I took Jake to his classes out in Riverside.
That evening we went to feed the homeless with
my family and a friend, Robert. We took them
pizza and they loved it! We shared God's Word
and fed them.

The next morning I shared a devotional at Jake's
homeschool Friday school classes. Jake was
excited to show the medals to his friends.


Friday night I went to the Women's Event at our
church called "New Beauty: Redefining your
Perspective". It was so good! It was all about
what I studied in the church study this spring
called "Beauty by the Book". Proverbs talks
about the Proverbs 31 Woman who is godly but
also talks about the Immoral Woman who is all
about talking and dressing to get what she
wants. It was awesome to have women of all
ages and young girls listening to these truths
from God's Word. We can all get attention from
guys, but only true beauty can get their hearts.
The fear (reverence) of the Lord is what it takes
to have true beauty. If you love God, the way
you talk and the way you dress will line up with
what the Bible teaches.

From there, I ran to a 10:30pm soccer game, and then
stayed for a 2nd game at 11:15pm. Yep, I played
soccer til midnight! I know, that's why I'm tired!

The next morning (Sat), I drove up to the mountains
with my girlfriends for a retreat. Our Bible
study group planned this getaway, and some girls
stayed 2 nights, but 5 of us stay on Sat night
only.

We talked a lot the 24 hours we were there!
We also went to an awesome pizza place in
Big Bear, Paoli's and walked around the
shops there.

On the drive to Big Bear some girls were
feeling sick, so we pulled over to get
some fresh air (and of course we had to
snap a picture!)

Chanel led worship

We all shared our testimonies, and Michelle
shared about how her story is like that of
a pearl: something beautiful is formed out
of adversity. I got a picture of Leandra
finding her pearl!

She gave each of us a pearl, but we had to
"get it out".

On Sunday morning we watched our final video for
our Beth Moore study, "Stepping Up" about Psalms
of Ascent.

Then we climbed part of the mountain and prayed
together. It was powerful! I love my Bible
study girls. I loved this time with them.

When we came home that afternoon, I had to get
the house cleaned because that night I was
meeting with the group of girls who planned
"Heart of a Princess". We talked all about
what we liked/would change/responses/etc.
We are excited to see if God opens the door
to another opportunity to speak to HS girls
in the future.

Then Monday night we went to Jake's Promotion
with Western Christian! Man, I'm tired just
writing about that crazy week!

I do find it interesting that in that final
Beth video she talked about us not being so
busy that we aren't able to do what God
really wants us to do. As God is opening
many new doors right now, I need to make
sure and drop some things that are good
but not "best". I am in prayer about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment