Sunday, May 23, 2010

Heart of a Princess


This past Friday and Saturday a group of high school
and college girls as well as a group of my friends
(including my mom) put on this amazing event for
teenage girls. I am so in awe of how God orchestrated
this entire event.

About 2 months ago I invited a group of about 10 girls
over my house to throw out the idea of having an
event to share God's truth with girls and also discuss
the struggles and temptations they face and give them
hope in Jesus.

Well, this weekend all those ideas came to life through
this event. Ontario Christian HS graciously offered their
chapel and it was the perfect setting for this event.
We had about 250 Jr. High and High School girls attend
each night.

We had 4 main speakers, 4 interviews, 3 different
worship leaders (all of them rocked!), a panel
answering questions submitted by the girls in the
audience, discussion time (the girls answered questions
about the topics spoken on) and raffles with giveaways!
We had a couple sponsors that helped make this event
even better: c28 Clothing (they donated a lot of NOTW
shirts), Chick-Fil-A (donated sweet tea), and Stater
Bros. (donated water). We also had a table from the
Women's Care Center at this event.

I will get some pictures up once I get them from my
friend, Heather, who was our photographer for the
entire event! I loved looking in the stands and
seeing friends and daughters of friends who attended
the event and also my wonderful friends (Kristi,
Chanel, Tanya, and Miriam) working behind the scenes
along with my mom! It was so fun to have such a great
"Team" for this entire event.

The High School girls did a great job being leaders,
working at registration tables, coordinating, giving
interviews, working the slides for the screen, and much
more! Karissa was our MC and she is a college student.
She was a natural on stage. I loved every aspect of
this event! Our interviews (Cassie, Olivia, Jessica
(my sister-in-law) and Bridget) were all so transparent
as they shared from their hearts.

Two people that God used to help get girls to this
event by supporting it were Pastor Jack Hibbs (my
home church: Calvary Chapel Chino Hills) and O.C.H.S.
Principal, Mr. Hoekstra. I am so grateful for their
support and getting behind an event that will encourage
these young ladies!

God gets all the glory! He is so good. He showed up in
so many ways! I'm excited to see how God moves in the
future. I'll be getting together with the girls soon
to debrief and talk about the event and I can't wait.
I'll share pictures soon! I really believe this is one
of the most important things I have ever done and the
rewards will be eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment