Monday, January 25, 2010

What is a Leader?

What is a leader? What do you think are qualities
of a good leader? I played on some of the most successful
teams in softball throughout my career and without
a doubt, leadership was a key to our success.
There were certain characteristics that always
stood out to me.
Here are a few:
1. Confident
2. Courageous: Ready for a battle
3. A team player, not an individual!
4. Positive
5. Makes others feel more confident
6. Lead by example, not just words
7. Wants success for the team most of all

Those are some of my thoughts. Now here is
the example of leadership from the Bible.
Jesus is the ultimate leader and asks us to
follow in His ways.
1. Humble
2. Obedient
3. Brings God glory in words and actions
4. Serves others
5. About God's business always
6. Loving
7. Speaks truth
8. Patient, Kind, Joyful, Peaceful

Those are just a few. I could go on and on.
We really can combine those two examples and
make them one. We can and should be confident
yet humble. We should be loving and positive.

The one thing I will point out is that everybody
has the opportunity to be a leader. That is not
always the case in sports, but it is in life. We
lead by being kind and joyful! When God leads us,
we can lead others! He wants to use you. Ask God to
help you to be a leader in your area of influence.
Ask Him for opportunities to help others or encourage
them. If we ask, we will receive!

Psalm 25:5: "Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You [are] the God of my salvation; On You I wait
all the day."

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing post! How you defined what a leader is you hit it right on the spot. Sacrifices are factors in being a great leader. I think everyone has the ability to become great leaders, they just need to be able to work with others while working on their goals too.

    ReplyDelete