Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Healthy and Delicious. . .Could it Be???


OK, I am not a very healthy eater. My sister and
my sister-in-law are all about eating healthy, but
my idea of eating "healthier" is Raisin Bran instead
of Fruity Pebbles. My husband is doing a challenge
to lose weight and I thought it wouldn't hurt for me
to try to eat a little better too. I borrowed my
sister-in-law's Eating For Life book. Today I
made "Golden Pancakes" and they were soooo good!

What is even more amazing is that my kids (who
would win an award for pickiest kids alive) LOVED
them and Jake said, "They taste just like French
Toast!"

This may be the only Recipe I do on here (I'm the
one asking for recipes, not giving them, although
I do have a killer recipe my friend gave me for
homemade Chicken Pot Pie).

Golden Pancakes:
1 cup uncooked whole-grain oats (non-instant)
6 egg whites
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese (I used low-fa)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 packet sugar substitute

Directions: Lightly coat griddle with cooking spray;
place over medium heat.
In a blender, combine oats, egg whites, cottage cheese,
vanilla, cinnamon and sugar substitute. Blend on medium
speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time and cook until bubbly
on top and dry around edges (about 3 min), then flip
and cook about 2 more minutes.

They recommend sugar-free maple syrup- that will be
the next step. Not sure if I can trick the kids
on that one.

The kids even got filled up quicker on these! Another
plus. Now, I'm off to the Wii Fit Plus that Tommy
bought! This house is getting in shape!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment