Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Big Bear Vacation 2012

 We missed our trip to the mountains
last year so we were very excited to
go again this year.  The boys love the
mountains.
 It has been hot lately so there wasn't
much snow.   Luckily right behind our
cabin was a small patch of snow that
hadn't melted yet. But is was so icy
that Luke fell the first night and scraped
his face.
 The boys were outside immediately.
 They even found a snow man that
hadn't melted yet.
 Keith and Jessica came up
a little later on Wed night
and the kids were so excited
to have their cousins stay
with us all week.

On Thursday we took a walk
to the lake.

 The scenery was gorgeous!
I love seeing the water with
snowy mountains in the
background.
                                    
 Keith and Jessica
 Luke was tired and kept
asking Tommy and me to
carry him.  How can you
say no to that face?

 we even found a little snow
on our walk.
 The boys had to put their feet
in the freezing water.


 Family
 At our place, the kids played
with weeples.
 We ate a ton of food and of
course ice cream.
 We stopped at the Discovery
Center.
 On Friday we went and found
a place to tube.  There wasn't much,
but we were determined!








 They went down however they
could because it was so
slippery.
 This picture cracks me up
because if you look closely
there are 3 people on the tube
even though you only see
2!


We played some tennis on
Saturday.  I should say we
"attempted" to play.






 It was a fun and relaxing
weekend with the family.
We played lot of board
games, enjoyed the outdoors,
ate too much food and
watched some movies.

 We made memories that we
won't forget.  Life can get
really busy sometimes so
I savor those moments away
from our hectic schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah, My family was in the crowd at Fountain Valley last night and your talk to the girls really grabbed me, when I found this blog I literally sat in tears looking down your page with the music playing! God has truly blessed you and you are certainly shining his light! I want my daughter to be great at softball, but above all else, I want her to walk in the way of the Lord and to let her light shine. You are a great role model and I look forward to following you as you continue your journey :-) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather!!! That is so awesome that you have the same desire I do for my kids! I hope to be an example to all- and I am thankful for others who are connected through Jesus! God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete