Sunday, March 11, 2012

Softball Poem

An athlete asked me if I would help
her in a school project and write
a poem for her.  I am not a poet :)
but I thought I'd take a shot at it for
fun.  Here is what the result was:


Softball is a game I play,
I work hard at it every day.
When I compete, I come alive.
To be the best is why I strive.

Catch, throw, run, and swing,
It comes down to the little things.
I love my sport thanks to my team.
To win the championship is my dream.

At the end of the day,
softball is just a game.
To win at life
is my bigger aim.

I live for God because He loves me.
I give my best for the world to see.
I hope to make a difference,
Wherever I go and get the chance.

When you find out what you love to do,
the sky's the limit-there's no stopping you.
Shine your light, don't be afraid to fall,
Every day is a gift, so give it your all.

No comments:

Post a Comment