Friday, March 1, 2013

It's Time for some Softball!

 I love teaching the FUNdamentals
of softball!  I travel all over the
country to do clinics, so it's
always nice when I can stay
home and work with young
softball players.

In early Feb, I put on a clinic
with Chino Girls Fastpitch:

The place where I got my
START in softball!  I love
looking the little girls in the
eyes and saying, "I never
knew that I could be an
Olympian in softball, but
that dream came true when
they added softball to the
Olympics when I was in
college.  We are fighting to
get this sport back into the
Olympics for all of you!  You
also now have more opportunities
than I had in college as well
as the professional league!"
 These girls were the cutest!!
You are never too little- if
you try and have fun, anything
is possible!!

 I get so excited to see little
ones with great mechanics!!
 Later in Feb I went out to
work with Rialto Girls Softball!
We had a great turnout and a
perfect day!
 We worked A LOT on
hitting at this clinic!!

 And of course we practiced defense
too!
 Then it was time to watch the
Pros play this sport.  I coached
the Florida Pride when they
came to play in So Cal.  We
had 2 games in Palm Springs
during a college tournament,
and then 2 games in Perris
at Big League Dreams against
Team Toyota from Japan.
 My kids and niece and
nephew love the girls on the
team!
 It was another week of beautiful
weather. I was thankful to have
Hannah stay with us for the
week to help me watch the boys!
She loves softball too, so it's
fun for all of us!
 Of course, it was also a treat
to stay at the JW Marriott in
Palm Desert. 

It worked out perfect because the
boys had the week off of school
for winter break. I know we have
been very blessed- I am so grateful
for every blessing in my life.
I will be traveling to do some
speaking for FCA and Sports
World the next couple months
and have a couple softball clinics
in April and May.  I will be doing
radio for the NCAA Championships
for College Softball in OK City
again in June!  I have enjoyed being
home a lot this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment