Sunday, August 28, 2011

NPF Championships

Last weekend I went to Sulphur, LA for
the NPF (Pro Fastpitch Softball) Championships.
The Chicago Bandits ended up winning it all
after beating the USSSA Florida Pride in
2 games. There are a bunch of superstars
playing this sport and I love that they have
a place to showcase their talent. I hope
our sport can support this league so that
it grows and young softball players have the
chance to keep playing after college if they
continue to have a passion for it!

I was able to be a part of it by doing Color
Analyst Commentating along with Jennie Finch.
Bernie Gunther was our Play by Play Announcer
and he was great to work with again. I have
enjoyed the opportunities in the past to do
TV and this was one of my favorite experiences
yet. It is such an honor to call the game
with such great athletes on the field (and
nice when some of them are good friends and
former teammates!).

I was able to travel with my good friend, Robyn,
which made it that much better. I am so
thankful for my friends!

But first, last week I received this book in
the mail:
Sharing the Victory: Being your Best for God
by Jill Ewert with FCA

It features 30 athletes including me and
devotions for each story. Other athletes
included (and much more recognizable) are:
Josh Hamilton, Tamika Catchings, Albert
Pujols, Colt McCoy, and Bethany Hamilton

Jennie Finch also just released her book:
And I bought the 1st copy ever sold! She
is a great role model for young girls!

Back to the softball game: Natasha Watley
is still at short stop! She is still one of
the best in the entire world in Softball!
She played short stop when I played 1st base
in the 2004 Olympics!

A couple other friends: Andrea Duran and Jessica
Mendoza (former teammate) at the Press Conference

The Bandits celebrating:

Jennie and I also interviewed a couple
players after the game: Jennie interviewed
Monica Abott, and I interviewed Stacey May-
Johnson and Megan Wiggins


After the game was over on Sunday, Robyn and
I drove to Jennie Finch's house. I had heard
about the "land" they lived on and the "land"
that her in-laws have where they hunt on their
own land and have ponds where they fish. It
was definitely more land than I've seen before!
We even got a tour on Casey and Jennie's golf
cart. On Casey's parents property, they have
these:

This was also what we saw:

It is so beautiful there

I am thankful for Cheri, the NPF Commissioner for
the opportunity to be involved with the league
for commentating!


No comments:

Post a Comment