Friday, June 10, 2011

Stopping In. . .

to write just a few things before jumping on
yet ANOTHER plane tomorrow headed to the
other side of the country: Allentown, PA
to be exact.

I had a great time in Oklahoma City at the
Women's College World Series! Here's a
little recap:

Sunday: Was at the Hall of Fame Stadium
ALL day for 3 different games watching to
find out who would end up competing for
the National Championship. I was taking
notes and getting to know the radio
personel I would be working with.



Monday:
Morning:I went to the stadium
to do radio interviews with athletes
and coaches for both Arizona State
and Florida.


Midday: I rushed over the the Marriott
where the Champions Festival was going
on and joined MANY of my former Olympic
Teammates and other top athletes/coaches.
This was a great event where we shared
about what makes a champion and how they
can become one too!




Evening: I went back at the Stadium for Game 1
where Arizona State beat Florida 14-4
and I announced my first ever softball
game on Radio as an analyst. I worked
with superstar play by play commentator
Kevin Kugler who does all the other
championship sports as well as the
Olympics. He made it easy and fun!

Late evening: Ice cream and great talks
with my former teammates. Catching up
is so fun to do! I love these girls!



Tuesday: I had the chance to go to lunch
at Jim Gasso's house (husband of Oklahoma
University Softball Coach, Patti Gasso).
They are on the FCA Softball Board with
me and Bob Pinto (FCA Softball) and Dot
were there as well. It was great food
and even better fellowship. We talked
all about God and how He is moving and I
wanted to leave there and go out and
change the world.
That night I headed back to the field and
Arizona State won the best 2 out of 3 in
two nights but beating Florida 7-2 and
were crowned National Champions.


I was able to fly home on Wednesday and
have a couple days at home and now I'm
flying out for the weekend.

I'm so excited to be teaming up with

Proactive Parenting Network

This is an online safety tool that every
parent needs to know about to keep our
kids safe! I will be sharing more about
this but this weekend I will be attending
the PPN night at the ballpark at the
Lehigh Valley IronPigs Triple A Baseball
Game. I will be throwing out the 1st
pitch and getting a chance to share
about Proactive Parenting Network on the
radio and TV Broadcast along with PPN
Chaiman and CEO, Bill Thompson.

The boys are almost finished with school
and had little Promotion Ceremonies today.




I'm looking forward to the summer! And I
can't wait to share some things God has
been putting on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment