Friday, June 3, 2011

Oklahoma State Super Regional

Normally I am a picture fanatic and do
a much better job, but not on this trip.
I only got a couple pictures (and by
the way, I am LOVING my new iphone!!!)
with my phone. I'm bummed I didn't get
any of the players. It was fun seeing
and talking to Jennifer Klinkert for
Houston because I coached her for 2
years at Chino Hills HS. Also, I was
able to go to dinner with Alison McCutcheon
(formerly, Alison Johnson). We played
at Arizona together and she was one of the
fastest players ever and one of the best
slap hitters. Her husband and her (they
have 3 kids) are on staff with Athletes in
Action at Oklahoma State. It was great to
catch up and hear all that God is doing.

I did get a few pictures:
Michele Smith's Jersey
My former Teammate in the 1996 and 2000
Olympics and she is the ESPN announcer
at most of the college games and the
Women's College World Series going on
now. She is an alum of Ok State.

Oh ya - the Dodge Challenger Sports Car
they gave me at the rental company. They
told me I couldn't get this car if I tried
to reserve it, that's how popular it is!
It made me laugh to drive it around, but I
did get compliments :)

I had to stop at Eskimo Joe's: the famous
sports bar right near the campus of OK. St.

I even brought home a few cups for the boys and
picked up a cute hat for me! We had dinner there
on Friday night and yes, we had to get their
famous cheese fries!

I worked as the Analyst for the games and
Holly Rowe (sideline reporter for ESPN in
all sports) was Play by Play. It was great
to meet her and work with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment