Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Biola Softball

Biola:
Bible Institute of Los Angeles

That is the University and this is
their softball team.

 Jesus and Softball: my two passions!

I was so excited and honored to speak
at their retreat where they had high
school softball players as well.
The theme was "Shine Your Light"
and I shared how much God had
changed my life and truly used
a teammate who was shining
brightly for Him.  God does not
discriminate- He will use anyone
who desires to be available, obedient,
and wants to honor Him.  And yes,
God can even use us on the softball
field! 
The coaching staff was wonderful!
I connected with them and love
their hearts and passion to spur
this team on to be an example
to all they compete against. 

I am always encouraged after I
speak when I get to talk to
some of the girls I spoke to.
I loved the light I saw in their
eyes and was so excited when
they shared about how they
believe God prepared them for
what I shared that morning. 
At the end of the day, I am
just thankful for each opportunity
I get to use the shiny Gold Medals
to tell people how God helped
me get them!  We all have a
purpose and we all have different
talents/gifts.  What we do with
them is our choice!  I hope we
all will choose to use them to
shine God's light wherever we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment