Monday, August 20, 2012

One more week of "my summer"

I say "my summer" because my boys will
actually start school in 2 days but I won't
be home for another week.  I am very
sad I won't be there, but Tommy is doing
an exceptional job picking up what I am
not there to do.  He has completely risen
to the occasion and then some!  He took
the boys out for all their new school
supplies, he's taken Jake to his ortho
appointment "again", he took Luke to
get signed up for Kindergarten and he
went to orientation for the new school
year.


This year will be a little different in
our school situation.  The boys will
go to school 3 days a week and I will
help them with their work the other
two days each week.  It will be a
little bit of a break for me, but will
still give me time to help teach each
of my boys and have them home
with me.  I am excited to see how the
boys all do in their new classes with
their new teachers.  I have homeshooled
Jake for the past 5 years and Drew for
Kindergarten last year.

The summer has been a whirlwind.
I have traveled all over the US and
even to Italy.  It has been fun coaching
some of the best softball players in
the world on the USSSA Pride.
I am still so impressed with the
amazing careers that my former
Olympic teammates have had.  They
are now the veterans on the field
and still stand out in how they
play the game. I also have loved
watching the younger talent and
players just out of college compete
at this level.  I wish there was more
media coverage and visibility for
this league.

I have made some new friends on
the coaching staff (Beth Torina;
LSU Head Coach; & Matt
Meuchel; Univ. Nevada Reno)
and our "Medic" as Drew would
call her, Sonya.  It has brought
up so many  memories of my
playing days and our travel
schedules but I haven't been on
the road like this or been around
this much softball since the 2004
Olympics!  I am thankful for the
opportunities I have had.
At the Cubs game this summer


I am really looking forward to
some things when I get home:
sleeping in my OWN bed
& seeing my husband, hugging
my boys, hanging out with
my whole family &my girlfriends,
going to my group Bible study,
going to my home church, feeding
the homeless and watching the kids
in some new hobbies we are signing
them up for.  I also can't wait to
see my baby niece who turns 1 in
Sept. and my best friend's baby
boy who was born last month!
I will be home the majority of
the time but  will still be traveling
some this fall with Jennie Finch
Camps, Sports World, and another
God & Country Event with FCA
Softball vs Wounded Warriors in
TX in September.

I am in Ohio as I type.  We finished
our last league game today and
we have the Championships this
Thur-Sun in Chicago.  Last year I
was commentating for the televised
game and this year I'm on the field
coaching.  I have always taken one
year at a time and I am always
amazed at some of the opportunities
God has brought into my life.  I
am beyond grateful for how much
support I get from my family, and
especially from my husband.  He
knows I like to give him a hard time
but he is my biggest supporter!

We are hoping to finish strong
and bring home the championship!
Go Pride!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment