Sunday, August 19, 2012

a few highlights


Through our travels this summer,
I was able to go to some
new places and meet some
new people.

We played at LSU and
I met head football coach,
Les Miles, and his
daughter, Macy

I also met Nolan Ryan's
granddaughter, Victoria.
She was our bat girl when
we played at a Minor League
ballpark in Corpus Christi, TX

 At the beginning of my summer
journey, I stopped by Texas to
speak at a VBS- the kids were
adorable!
 One kid told me how cool
I was because I had gold
medals and that he wished
his mom was cool like me
haha


The best story that I heard is
about the photo below.  The dad
of a girl I met at VBS wrote to
me on facebook and said that
after hearing me share, she
went to her softball team and
lead them in a prayer!
I love the hearts of young
children!

I was a color analyst again for ESPN
for College Softball Super Regionals.
Softball is it's own little world!
I did the game at Univ. of South
Florida where my 2004 Olympic
Asst. Coach, Ken Eriksen, is
the head coach.  It was fun to
see his family and visit with them
all.


 I also did the Radio Broadcast
again this year for the Women's
College World Series Championship
Games.  I love the staff with
Westwood One!  I was even
more bummed that softball
wasn't into the Olympics
this year when they told
me they wished it was in
the Olympics and they would
have taken me to London if
it was to be the analyst for
radio!


I'm grateful for all my opportunities!
I'm mostly thankful for the people
I get to meet along the way.  I want
to live out God's plan for my life. . .
no more than that, no less than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment