Thursday, October 27, 2011

Last weekend I was the keynote speaker at the
Reunion for the All American Girls Professional
Baseball League in San Diego.  Tommy and I
were able to have a night out together and we
enjoyed it so much.  These ladies are great!  I
have met some of them in the past, but since
they played in the 1940's-1950's, they are all in
their 70's, 80's and 90's now.  As the pictures of
their teams were shown on the screen, I could
hear them mention names of their teammates. 
It's funny, because that's how I feel about my
college teammates and my USA teammates.  I
know that when I'm that age, I'll still have
all the wonderful memories of when we played
together! I was so honored to join these ladies
and truly am thankful for the opportunities they
paved the way for athletes like myself!

Here are some pictures of the night:
With Tracy Reiner (actress and daughter of Penny Marshall)

Date night :)

Katie and me (we have met before)

Penny Marshall (Director of A League of Their Own)

3 of the "softball players" from A League of Their Own"

Speaking

Honoring the ladies who helped put on the Reunion and make it possible

Jan helped put together the event and did a great job!


With Shirley and Eme

Tommy enjoying talking with Maybelle who we have met in the past

Me and Maybelle

Pictures of one of the real teams

These ladies ROCK!

Thankful for a night away with my husband


No comments:

Post a Comment