Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thankful for Opportunities to Speak

I am amazed and thankful for all the opportunities 
I have had to speak at during the years.  God gave
me a passion to speak as I was finishing up my
softball career, and I told Him, "I can't speak."
God showed me that He would open doors if
I would be faithful to share about what He has done
in my life.  I have seen that our God is ALWAYS
faithful.  He definitely deserves all praise for 
all the blessings in my life.
 Last summer I spoke at
Surfers 4 Christ at Bolsa
Chica Beach.  I love seeing
people use their own gifts
and talents (teaching surfing)
and using it as a way to share
the love of God with others.

 At Jennie Finch's camps all
over the US we offer a Sunday
morning devotional.  I love
seeing how many girls and
their families show up to
be in the Word before
taking the field!

 I have been blessed to speak
to HS Softball Teams, like the
Rancho Vista HS SB Team
in Temecula.

Throwback picture of me at the
Women's College World Series
with one of our fans, Erin :)


So excited to speak at the FCA
Remarkable Girls Conference this
weekend in Ocean City, NJ.


I have also been able to speak
at Opening Ceremonies for 
leagues.  This year I spoke
at Pico Rivera and La Habra
Opening Ceremonies.  I love
seeing all the excited girls looking
forward to another season starting.



 I spoke at a High School
Girls Female Athlete Banquet
called Girls Got Game last
month.  I was pumped after
sharing my story with 600
HS female athletes!


I love camps and clinics and even when
I get to work out with just a team.
Stephanie Cluff asks me to come
out each year to work with her
team in Rialto and these girls always
work hard with a smile on their
faces.
 We have had one Jennie Finch
camp so far this year in Mission
Viejo, CA and are looking forward
to her other camps in NY, MS, VA,
AR, IL, and PA.
I enjoyed working with a youth league
in NJ last month.  They are working hard
to grow the sport in their area in Manalapan.

I spoke at Tabor College in Kansas 
last month.  I spoke to all the student
athletes and was impressed with
their athletic credentials. The softball
team is pictured above.


 I love Fellowship of Christian Athletes!!
I was honored to speak at the banquet in
Dalton, Ga.  God is moving!  That was such
an awesome night hearing about all God
is doing on school campuses and in sports
in particular.



 I was able to speak at Santa
Fe Christian to the middle school
and high school students at
Chapel again this year.  This
is a wonderful school and I
enjoyed sharing and encouraging
them in their faith!



 Last year in September
I spoke for FCA and Kaye
O'Sullivan and we had 200
collegiate female athletes
in attendance.  Kaye is a
wonderful leader and mentor
and I have enjoyed hearing about
all God is doing on those college
campuses around Spartanburg, SC.
Last summer I took a team
of HS Softball players from
all over the US and we even
had one Canadian with us :)
We traveled to Madrid and
Barcelona and played against
the local teams.  We learned so
much about the culture and I
fell in love with Barcelona!!
I want to go back some day.
These girls who travel with me
all become like adopted daughters.
Our time together is so special.
We even had a day where we
taught softball to some adults
with special needs and we were able
to have lunch with them and watch
them work and help them out.  These
girls hearts are so great and I think
we all walked away so blessed after
that experience!  I love when we
get glimpses of what it looks like
when you put others first and have
actions that line up with that.

5 comments: